First on the Scene Workshop
A customer or one of your staff needs urgent medical assistance. You are the first and possibly the only person there to respond. You’ve rung 111, and the St John Ambulance is on its way.
WHAT YOU DO IN THE NEXT 4–12 MINUTES
BEFORE THE ST JOHN AMBULANCE ARRIVES
COULD SAVE THAT PERSON'S LIFE.
St John has designed a two-hour workshop to up-skill staff. In two hours, your staff will be shown how to deal with the five most common situations they are likely to encounter in their
workplace environment; it could be a cardiac arrest, a falling injury, or a person cut and badly bleeding. The aim of this workshop is to up-skill staff to compliment, or assist, your fully trained first aiders.
• Adult CPR (including a demonstration on an AED defibrillator unit)
• Managing an unconscious patient (who does not require CPR)
• Best positioning, airway management, and environment assessment
• Managing a conscious patient, (who is feeling faint or having difficulty breathing)
• Dealing with strains, fractures or broken bones due to a slip or fall
• Dealing with life threatening bleeding
Business North Harbour
03 April 2019 - 03 April 2019
14:00 - 16:00
Business North Harbour, 12 Parkway Drive, Rosedale
$30 plus GST for members. Non-members pay $40 plus GST per person to attend.