Mental Health First Aid
Learn how to identify, understand and respond to
signs of mental health issues in work colleagues, friends and family members.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Using a variety of best practice learning methods, including
discussions, videos and scenario work, this course is ideal for
anyone wanting to help recognise mental distress and what they
can do to help.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
• Those who are responsible for staff or interact with the public
• Anyone who wants to improve their knowledge around mental
health and wellbeing.
By the end of the course participants should be able to:
• Identify the early signs of mental distress
• Have an understanding of the relationship between mental health
• Identify when a person may be experiencing a mental health crisis
• Identify strategies for managing a mental health crisis safely
• Know and be able to use the St John Listen to your HEAD™
• Identify agencies who can help and/or know how to get
immediate assistance if necessary
• Understand debrief strategies for self-care including reflective practice.
Business North Harbour
14 November 2018 - 14 November 2018
13:00 - 17:00
Business North Harbour, 12 Parkway Drive, Rosedale
$75 plus GST for members. Non-members pay $85 plus GST per person to attend.