Rapid Antigen Tests (RATs) have been cleared for sale to all organisations and businesses, and from March will be available to the general public. These RATs won’t come from the Ministry of Health’s central supply for the public health response, instead businesses and other organisations will need to source them independently. Global supply constraints mean these RATs may not immediately be available on retail shelves.
RATs will still be available for free as part of the public health response, including if you are symptomatic, isolating, or part of the close contact exemption scheme.
- Critical workers – The Close Contact Exemption Scheme
- Priority Populations and Community Providers
- The COVID Healthcare and Emergency Service Workforce
- RATs for non-critical business, agencies, and organisations
- RATs for the general public
- Going to Court
- Approved RATs and how to use them