The addition of Rosedale Station (currently planned to open in 2025) is allowing Auckland Transport (AT) to redesign part of the North Shore bus network. They are proposing a number of changes with the aim of making it easier to get around by bus.
For the North Harbour BID area this means:
- The 883 would be re-routed to serve Rothwell Avenue, William Pickering Drive and Paul Matthews Road, connecting the North Harbour Industrial Estate with Schnapper Rock and Constellation Station.
- North Harbour Industrial Estate services, the 884 and 885 would stop at Rosedale Station.
- A new bus services, the 864 would connect Browns Bay, Browns Bay Road, Rosedale Station, Rosedale Road, Albany Highway and Albany Village. Buses would run the length of Rosedale Road for the first time.
- The 865 would be re-routed to serve Tawa Drive, Rosedale Station, and part of Rosedale Road.
- Apollo Drive would be served by the 907 instead of the 889. All of Apollo Drive would have a connection with the Northern Busway at Rosedale Station. The 884 and 885 would give southern part of Apollo Drive (between Triton Drive and Constellation Drive) additional connections with the Northern Busway at Rosedale and Constellation stations.
- Northern Busway services, the NX1, NX2 and 866 would stop at Rosedale Station.
You can read more about the proposals on the AT website here.
Business North Harbour members and their employees are encouraged to have their say on these proposals by Sunday 3rd April. You can give your feedback using the online survey here or you can use the Freepost paper survey included in the consultation brochure which are being delivered to every property in the affected area, and can be picked up from the Albany and East Coast Bays libraries, and Albany and Constellation stations.